Part of party planning is ensuring that your guests are comfortable throughout the event. Unless you store enough tables and chairs for everyone at your home, renting the necessary items makes sense. If you are planning a party, here are some tips on renting the tables and chairs that you need.
- Plan early. Depending on the time of year, you could easily find that all the tables and chairs in your area have been rented. To avoid this, you need to reserve your rental furniture at least a month or two in advance.
- Know which chairs and tables are best. There are several options available for rental furniture and some types are more appropriate than others for certain occasions. For instance, a wood, plastic, or metal chair would work for a holiday party.
- Determine the number needed. Your available space and the number of guests determine just how many chairs and tables are needed. If possible, create a seating chart to help with your calculations.
- Know when setup starts. To determine the time the rental furniture needs to be dropped off, you need to know the earliest moment that setup can begin. Remember to also include other tasks you need to complete before the party starts so that you can have the time needed for preparations.
- Locate the drop-off point. If you are hosting the event at a special venue, you need to inform the rental service of the drop-off location. You also need to ensure that the area is clear at the time that the furniture is expected to arrive.
- Familiarize yourself with the restrictions. Some venues have restrictions that can have an impact on how and when rental furniture can be dropped off. For instance, the venue might only allow drop offs before noon. Knowing this can save you and the rental service workers time and effort.
- Choose a supervisor. To keep your party moving forward, consider appointing a supervisor who can oversee the rental furniture once it arrives. He or she can also be put in charge of accepting the delivery and getting the tables and chairs together before the pickup occurs. This frees you up to take care of other party-related tasks.
Preparing properly for your event takes time. In addition to renting the tables and chairs for your event, talk to the representatives at your local rental service such as Party People Rentals & Sales to find out if they have other items you could use for your event.